- 2.5 overdrive ratio
- Small physical chainring and larger effective chainring size in overdrive mode
- 27T sprocket/ trouser guard comes standard (67.5T equivalent gear in overdrive)
- 30 & 34T splined chainrings available (75 & 85 equivalent gears in overdrive)
- 130mm BCD spider available for standard chainrings
- Best when combined with a gear hub or rear cassette offering at least 250% range
- Offers 1315% gear range when combined with Rohloff SPEEDHUB 500/14
The Schlumpf High Speed Drive is the best choice when you want to maximize your overall gear ratio and keep a small physical chainring. It is great for small-wheeled bikes to get larger gear ratios without a huge physical chainring. It is a popular choice for recumbents and trikes, usually combined with an intenal gear hub in the rear. It can also be combined with a Rohloff SPEEDHUB 500/14 for an extremely wide gear range.