We've worked with Ventana Mountain Bikes USA to create a special Cycle Monkey edition of their US-made El Gordo fat bike frame. The Cycle Monkey edition will feature dedicated cable routing for the Rohloff SPEEDHUB and stealth dropper seatposts. These frames are also belt drive compatible through Ventana's clever adjustable dropout system for the most maintenance-free fat bike drivetrain available. Options are available to build the bikes up with a suspension fork and dropper seatpost for trail use or with a rigid fork and post for sand/snow use.Contact us at email@example.com or 510-868-1777 to place an order.
Ventana El Gordo Build Kit Options
The new SPEEDHUB XL (left), and the original SPEEDHUB 500/14 (right)Rohloff SPEEDHUB XL features
- 14 gears with a 526% overall change in gear ratio offers the same range as most three by nine mountain bike derailleur systems.
- Same proven hub internals as the SPEEDHUB 500/14 provides 100,000+ miles of reliable service.
- Shifting mechanism is completely protected within the hubshell and sealed from the elements.
- Shift reliably in sand, snow, mud, and other riding conditions that are harsh on traditional drivetrains.
- Shift between gears at any time, even when coasting or while stopped.
- Hub needs no maintenance other than an annual oil change.
- Large diameter, symmetrical hub flanges build into strong wheels.
Ventana El Gordo frame features
- Ventana tapered head tube (1-1/8" to 1.5")
- Ventana proprietary three bolt swinging adjustable dropouts
- Belt drive compatible - drive side dropout separates from seat stay to insert belt into rear triangle
- Cycle Monkey edition has dedicated cable routing for Rohloff SPEEDHUB shift cables and stealth dropper seatposts
- 170mm rear axle spacing
- Symmetric frame can be built with any fat bike rim size, including 29+
- Chainstay yoke provides ample clearance for large volume tires (4.8" tires on 100mm rims)
- Sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL (see geometry chart here)
- Custom geometry available upon request for additional charge.
- Carbon Black or Mango Tango
- Additional colors available for additional charge
- Crank Color: (black, red, blue (signature build kit only))
- Crank Length: (170, 175mm)
- Spoke and Nipple Color: (black or silver)
- Rotor Sizes: (160 or 180 mm rear; 160, 180, or 203 mm front)
- Seatpost Color: (black or silver (signature build kit only))
- Stem Color, Angle, and Length: (black or silver, 0° or 10°, 50 - 130 mm (signature build kit); black, +/- 6°, 60-110m (standard build kit))
- Pedals: Quoted upon request
- Choice of standard powder coat colors:
- Custom Paint: $50 upcharge
TitaniumChampagneCosmic OrangeGloss BlackGrinch Green Team Blue Sparkle Jail House Blue Mercedes Blue Sky White Superdust
- Candy Paint: $90 upcharge
Candy BlueCandy PurpleCandy RaspberryCandy RedCandy Teal
- Fork Options:
9:Zero:7 AluminumStock OptionBlackAdd $69 to Paint to Match FrameSarma Hoboy Carbon+$123 QR, +$185 MaxleRock Shox Bluto(80, 100, or 120mm of travel)+$526Gloss Black, Matte Black, or White
- Saddle Options:
WTB Race: Deva, Devo, Pure V (pictured), or Silverado modelsSignature: -$89Standard: Stock OptionWTB Pro: Deva (pictured), Devo, Pure V, or Silverado modelsSignature: -$66Standard: +$23 WTB SLT: Deva, Devo (pictured), Pure V, or Silverado modelsSignature: $8Standard: +$97 SQ Lab 611 ActiveSignature: Stock OptionStandard: +$89 Selle Anatomica TitanicoSignature: +$37Standard: +$126 WTB Silverado model(Race, Pro, or SLT)
- Seatpost Options:
Race Face RideSignature: -$58Standard: Stock OptionThomson EliteSignature: StockStandard: +$58 Cane Creek ThudbusterSignature: +$75Standard: +$133 Syntace Hi-FlexSignature: +$146Standard: +$204Rock Shox Reverb StealthSignature: +$368Standard: +$426Thomson Dropper CovertSignature: +$395Standard: +$453
- Handlebar Options:
Race Face Ride XCSignature: -$65Standard: Stock OptionThomson AM AlloySignature: Stock OptionStandard: +$65 Salsa Bend 2Signature: -$29Standard: +$35 Jeff Jones Loop H-BarSignature: +$45Standard: +$109 Thomson AM CarbonSignature: +$60Standard: +$125
- Crank Options:
Race Face RideSignature: -$86Standard: Stock OptionRace Face TurbineSignature: Stock OptionStandard: +$86Black, Red, or SilverRace Face Next SL carbonSignature: +$300Standard: +$386
- Bottom Bracket Options:
Race Face StainlessCM Stock OptionHope Stainless+$122Chris King Stainless+$155
- Headset Options:
Cane Creek 40Signature: -$57Standard: Stock OptionHopeSignature: Stock OptionStandard: +$57Chris KingSignature: +$56Standard: +$113
- Brake Options:
Magura MT2Signature: -$185Standard: Stock OptionMagura MT4Signature: -$74Standard: +$111Magura MT5Signature: Stock OptionStandard: +$185 Magura MT6Signature: +$129Standard: +$314Magura MT7Signature: +$222Standard: +$406Magura MT8Signature: +$314Standard: +$499Avid BB_7 brake, Speed Dial leverSignature: -$185Standard: Stock Option
Hope FatsnoStock OptionSchmidt SON28 Fatbike Dynamo Hub+$320
Halo Tundra (80 mm)Signature: -$243Standard: Stock Option Surly Rolling Darryl (82 mm)Signature: -$77Standard: +$135 Surly Marge Lite (65 mm)Signature: -$120Standard: +$120 Surly Clown Shoe (100 mm)Signature: Stock OptionStandard: +$215 Sarma Naran 80 (80 mm)Signature: +$760Standard: +$975 Sarma Naran 100 (100 mm)Signature: +$1060Standard: +$1275 Surly Rabbit Hole (50mm)Signature: -$140Standard: +$75 Sarma Naran 29+ (50mm)Signature: +$760Standard: +$975
Vee Rubber Snowshoe XL (26x4.7")Signature: Stock OptionStandard: +$62 Vee Rubber H-Billie (26x4.25")Signature: +$0Standard: +$62 Vee Rubber Mission (26x4.0")Signature: -$62Standard: Stock Option Surly Bud & Lou (26x4.8")Signature: +$31Standard: +$93 Surly Knard 27TPI (26x3.8"or 29x3.0")Signature: -$77Standard: -$15 Surly Knard 120TPI(26x3.8" or 29x3.0")Signature: -$31Standard: +$31
Brass: Black, SilverStock OptionBlue, Gold, Silver, Green, Purple, Black, Red+$18